Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tiffany Teske




I have loved photography since I was given a 110 camera at the age of 7, to capture memories on a family trip. I studied ballet, creative writing, and art in high school but did not take photography classes. Instead, I was "the after school photography club" and was taught by a science teacher how to use the darkroom. The chemicals got into my blood, and after roaming the US for 5 years (Arizona, Florida, Connecticut, & New York) I settled in Carrabassett Valley, Maine, population 200, and home to Sugarloaf USA, and decided to go to University for.... nursing? Well, yes, I did start the pre req courses, but fate stepped in, and after one summer colour printing course and some credit mishaps on the school's part, I switched my major to photography. I graduated from the University of Maine at Augusta with both an Associate of Arts in Photography (Magna cum Laude) in 2000 and a Bachelor of Arts Joint BA in Art and Photography (Magna cum Laude) in 2002. Did I mention that I drove 3 hours round trip to school, 2-3 times a week, for 5 years? If it weren’t for computer courses I would have driven even more… oh, and I met my future husband during this time, who was from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, a 12 hour round trip drive the other direction. I drove back and forth for three years before we married. Now, we live in Banff, Alberta, Canada, with our toddler, Quinlyn, and I WALK EVERYWHERE ;)

It has been a fun ride all along. If you want to know more, feel free to check out the About Tiffany section on my website at www.oldesage.com.

My Favorite Materials are...
TMAX and HP5 black and white film; Polaroid peel apart films for transfers and emulsion lifts; all kinds of paper; fiber based prints made in the darkroom; hand colouring markers; archival mats I cut myself; black metal frames for sleekness and gold gilded frames for romance; silver and copper jewelry components; gel medium; bamboo tiles; poker chips; bottle caps; watercolour paper.I have made a commitment to work with only recycled and thrifted materials for the next year (and beyond...). You can read more about this and a plethora of environmentally related concerns, tips, ideas, goodies, and recipes on my blog,http://mypartforourplanet.blogspot.com. Feel free to also check out my art blog at http://www.tiffanyteske.com.

10% of all my sales go to my local Jacket Frost Fund which provides jackets, snowsuits, boots, and warm clothing to local children in need.

I am thrilled to be presenting my work to you on Etsy. Please note that all of my work comes from a non smoking and pet free environment. Thanks for looking!

You may see many more of Tiffany's works at her Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Alison Du Bois said...

Very nice interview! I love learning more about the talented artists on the Design Style Guide team!

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Lovely artist, wonderful interview! Tiffany- I love you ideals and the action you're taking to help bring about positive changes. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails