Saturday, June 20, 2009

Room With A View - Jean Levert Hood

Today is my birthday, and one of my most memorable past gifts received was a fine art painting from a dear friend. I had admired it on one of our weekend shopping-and-latte trips, and I even returned to the gallery several more times to visit my new love. The painting was an impressionist still life of potted geraniums, colorful and elegant, with sweeping strokes and stabs of color that softened with distant viewing. It beckoned me to step closer, to be among the flowers, to enter the canvas. A treasured element of my home decor, it gives me joy each and every day.

Arroyo Seco Gate

The original oil paintings of Jean Levert Hood, a Design Style Guide artist from Texas, contain her own striking style of impressionistic magic - I am compelled to take a walk behind the gate, jump the fence, wander the waterline, or just breathe in the scent of a lovely bouquet.



Quiet Creek

Tranquil Day, Nueces

Plumbago

7 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Kathy, thank you so much for featuring my work this morning! What a wonderful surprise! I am honored!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Jean, It was my pleasure - I am a huge fan of your work :-)

lolly-jolly said...

Happy Birthday to you! :) beautiful colors. so calm, natural and pretty. pleasure for eyes to look at them

Yankeegirl said...

Happy Birthday to a fellow fan of Jeans!! Love her paintings.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Lora and Yankee!!!

Ianny said...

I like the landscape pieces. Huge blown-up pictures of grand scenery instill a sense of quiet serenity in the home - something we can all do with these days.

Unknown said...

Plumbago just seem like the most harmonious piece out of all of them. For some reason, the colors just seem very well together.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails