Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mike's Woodwork by Design

I LOVE turned wooden bowls. My husband, the furnituremaker extraordinaire, has told me numerous times that I should just give turning a try on our lathe. I'm intimated. I feel like I need someone to teach me first. And, uh, no. That someone would definitely NOT be my husband. We don't have the patience for that sort of thing. It's why we never dance with each other. He won't let me lead.


The good new is... I don't have to learn the art of wood turning to appreciate the artistry.

Mike's Woodwork by Design offers a couple of beautiful turned sets on Design Style Guide. The first is the Segmented Salad Bowl set made from bloodwood, maple, purpleheart, and walnut. In case you are wondering, wooden bowls are wonderful for food service, very easy to clean and a little salad oil is all you need to perserve the finish. Click on the photo for more info:


The Ambrosia Maple Goblet set is one of my most favorite items found on Design Style Guide. Ambrosia Maple is so beautiful, one of my favorite woods. The spalting in the wood looks like animal stripes. Just gorgeous.

There you have it, two beautiful handmade wooden masterpeices by a talented artisian. You never know what treasures you will find on Design Style Guide, so be sure to visit often!

2 comments:

lolly-jolly said...

the bowls are amazing.my parents always buy handmade stuff that are astistic and now i have the same taste for life and stuff. i`ve never seen similar to these bowl. really great!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Those goblets are so lovely. The color and grain of the wood is perfect for the shape.

Related Posts with Thumbnails