Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Little Bit of Old and A Little Bit of New

Anyone who has even been to my house can see that it is full of an eclectic array of hand-me-downs, rescued items, thrift store pieces, new items and even a few antiques. I think, and I've been told by others who are maybe just being nice to me, that my house is a perfect mixture of old and new. And after spending all week refinishing two old pieces of furniture to fit in with a few new pieces I recently purchased, I thought I would see what some of the members of Design Style Guide had to offer in the furniture department. I was not disappointed.

Here are a few of my favorite finds.

I love the lines on this Havana Lounge Chair and Ottoman by Lunar Lounge Design. And it would add a perfect punch of color to the room.



And these wonderful, vintage Hollywood Regency chairs by KLUpholstery would look perfect flanking a cafe table in a corner of your house.




I love all of Mad Tea Party Furniture's items. This Age of Innocence Hand Painted Clock is one of my favorites. It would make such a fun statement in your house.




I love this Girtz Plasma TV Stand by Shaka Studios. The primitive finish adds a softness to the room that provides a nice counterpoint to the harsh lines of your plasma TV.




Everyone needs a small stool to reach the top-shelve items in your cupboards and closets. Why not use one with a little personality like this Pullman-Type stool from Wislancraft.




And accent your room decor with these Art Deco-style candle holders from Arzu Musa.




And don't forget the puppy! These Uniquely Handcrafted Doggie Beds by Jakeybb are perfect for your pampered pet.



To find more fabulous, hand-crafted furniture finds, be sure to search "designstlyeguide" on etsy. Or visit the Design Style Guide website.

2 comments:

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

What a fun collection! You do have eclectic taste! Love those candleholders. Thanks for including our Girtz TV Stand!

Artsnark said...

Fun selection!Love your bold choices

Related Posts with Thumbnails