Janet Holson-Mazzer is a potter. This is fascinating to me because the best I could ever do with clay was to make a really big mess. What she does is most certainly not a mess. See what you think...
1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
2. What long series of events led to you doing this?
I went back to school as a mature student part-time and then decided to take a full time Ceramic Art and Design program because it had always been a dream of mine to work in clay. I had taken ceramics programs in high school and knew that one day, I would return to the medium that I was so passionate about. Most of the time, this passion leaves me feeling in awe of life.
3. Who taught you the particular skills you use in your work?
I went to George Brown College in Toronto, Ontario and since graduating from the Ceramics Art and Design program, I have done many workshops, gone to lectures, and courses as well.
4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
November 13, 2008
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
My favourite thing about Etsy is the diversity of mediums and styles of work. I also love the forums, what I have learned about business promotion and how to take better photos.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I love to look at my work and know that others will love it the way that I do. I also really appreciate feedback.
7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
It's hard for me to choose because I love everything. If I had to narrow it down, it would be the tiles. A number of them are pressed with wildflowers and it reminds me of spring and [not being] snowed in all of the time.
8. What teams do you belong to and what do you like most about them?
I belong to Design Style Guide and the Etsy Mud Team. I like that they have both been great places for learning, sharing and feedback.
9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Getting out to shows and meeting people as well as educating them about what I do.
11. What do you do in your spare time?
I love spending time with my family, travelling, having quiet time for reflection, photography, reading and taking care of our pets.
12. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Thank you so much for interviewing me and visiting my shop. I really appreciate it.
You are most welcome!
If you make Handmade Home Decor Items, come and join our team by clicking on the image below.
Not only will you be able to network with us, but also you will have the ability to post your listing on our team website.
If you like this blog entry you'll love my blog, jn3 Hand Crafted Woodworks. Check it out. I'll be glad you did.