Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our Interview with Laurie Beggin


Who are you?

Laurie Beggin, Stained glass artist for The Looking Glass

Where are you located?

Warrensburg, Illinois

What do you create?

Stained glass panels, free formed pieces, mosaics and glass applique' antique windows.

Where do you sell your creations?

Etsy at http://www.27lauriebethbeggin.etsy.com

Where do you create?

In my studios at The Olde Farmhouse (our farmette)

What inspires you?

Nature that surrounds me, beautiful stained glass windows in churchs, stained glass windows in turn-of-the-century homes

Is your Etsy shop a full-time job, part-time job, or hobby?

Full FULL time!


What type of marketing is the most effective for you?

My blog
Marmalade Pink
Wickedly Chic
Merchant Circle
Project Wonderful!

I also cannot stress enough how vital it is for members of this group to go to each members website, copy their URL and link it to their blog site if they have one. It takes a lot of time, and it's boring to do but if this collective group does it, it will raise our internet rating, increase each members pages viewed and by doing that increase our sales. It is so important and it is one thing that I've noticed very few members are doing.

What do you do when you are not creating?

I am a master gardener and I love taking pictures and share them on my blog.

What role does creativity play in your marketing methods?

So far I'm bare-bones with my marketing. I need to immerse myself in the strategies, demographics and internet options but it's been hard for me to "enjoy" that aspect of my business. Pam at PassItOnPlates has been a huge help!

What are your goals?

I would like to make a steady income that matches the salary I made when I worked as a Realtor and a "Legal Assistant" at the Wisconsin State Capitol. Okay, to be honest, I'd like to make MORE money than that!!!

How do you envision your creations being used by your customers?

I want my creations to be treasured and cared for in their new homes. I hope that the pieces are handed down through the family members. That is one of the wonderful features of Stained Glass. If taken care of property, it is timeless!

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

Sure, I'll share my quotes that inspire me...here yah go!

Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious...the fundemental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science." Albert Einstein Philosophy
A human being is a part of the whole, called by us, "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. – Albert Einstein

Online store: http://www.27lauriebethbeggin.etsy.com

Blog: http://www.lauriebethbeggin.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Pam Hawk said...

Great interview -
and oh my goodness, I didn't expect to see my name in there! (Thank you Laurie)

Good point about adding each others' links to ones site/blog. It will improve ranking and traffic.
-Pam Hawk
Pass It On Plates

Susan Elkin said...

Enjoyed the interview very much - Laurie, your stained glass designs are amaing - I delighted to hear your artistic journey as I learned more about you. Thank you.

~~ Susan Elkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails