Saturday, October 11, 2008

Featuring Linda Mundy

While searching through some new members on DSG, I came across this artist and fell in love with her work.

Her name is Linda Mundy and her etsy shop is http://ljmundystudios.etsy.com/


Linda's Bio
I love plants and take closeups that explore their textures and unique details. The Mojave Desert provides a bountiful supply of interesting plants including cacti and their spectacular flowers. I am also fascinated with rock textures and lichens and use photos of those subjects, as well. And I take scenic photos wherever I travel. My artistic endeavors right now are all in the digital realm. On the one hand, I like to manipulate photos until I arrive at somewhat abstract compositions that still reflect the original source to an extent, but are not just simple modifications like applying a "watercolor" filter. On the other hand, I am an avid fan of fractals; again, my manipulations of fractal images are quite involved and produce textured, decorative images that are very unique. I love incorporating my photos, fractals and original works of art into useful and attractive items for home décor.






















Ceramic Tile Coasters - Serenity Pattern

Lindas' compositions and use of color is stunning. I now have several items added to my Christmas wish list. I hope you enjoy browsing through her shop as much as I did.




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails